Cummins Inc. Apprentice Diesel Engine Technician Intern , Part Time in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Apprentice Diesel Engine Technician Intern , Part Time
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of – then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers’ success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you’ll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This is an exciting Diesel Engine Technician Apprentice opportunity in Fort Wayne,Indiana. Cummins is where you can work on our industry leading engine technology.
Description and overview:
This positions is designed for students in high schools or post educational programs that schools sponsor, or require, direct shop interaction within companies that have service facilities.
Many schools provide educational credits as well for students involved with such programs. Some schools even define the minimum amount of time required as part of school guidelines, while others utilize the students time with industry and require adapting with other school required time schedules.
Schools utilizing this method typically have defined objectives that must be reviewed and agreed to prior to the start. Also, many school have facility that visit the worksite and seek input from the sponsoring company on how the student is performing. Other school endorse this as a means for the student to gain exposure and experience for the career path they are studying to become.
At any time, if the student does not adapt or perform to the expectations of the company, the company reserves the right to immediately terminate the internship / Coop / Work study Program.
1) Assist company skilled technicians in understanding their daily work function and obtain insight into the technical requirements of this occupation.
2) Learn and follow typical shop procedures and process
3) Follow all safety requirements and protocol to insure a safe work event
4) Learn required work documentation and proper communication skills
5) Learn the utilization of electronic information tool for performing quality repairs
6) Demonstrate team work and the ability to work with others
7) Provide the right image for representing our company and exceeding customer expectations
8) Proficient with the use of hand and electronic tools
9) Learn proper cleaning processes and use of shop equipment
10) Ability to follow instructions and listen to directions
Perform simple mechanic and electrical task while under direct or indirect supervision
1) Meet the required lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds
2) Possess a valid driver’s license
3) Have a minimum high school overall GPA of 2.8
4) Achieve acceptable scores on online testing
5) Demonstrated attendance performance of 95% or higher
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Fort Wayne-US, IN, Fort Wayne, Cummins Crosspoint
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Apr 30, 2018, 8:42:41 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 180001HR